Constitution & Byelaws of NAF
NATIONAL AUDIT FEDERATION
(A Federation of Office Level Category II & III associates of All Audit Wings)
MEMORANDUM OF FEDERATION
- The Federation shall be known as the National Audit Federation and the office of the federation shall be situated in the Unit to which the Secretary General belongs or at New Delhi. The Federation shall be governed by principles enunciated in GOI, DOPT, OM No. 2/14/98-JCA dated 03.07.2002, No. 2/14/98-JCA dated 23.09.2002 and CAG’s Circular No. 426/NGE(JCM)/107-2001 dated 26.08.2002, read with Central Civil Services (Recognition of Service Associations) Rules, 1993.
- The Membership of the Federation shall comprise of all Category II & III Associations of the Group “B” (AAOs/ Sr. Pas / Supervisors / Senior Auditors etc.), Group. “C” and “MTS” employees of the various Audit Offices situated in the country under the control of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
- The Federation has been formed to pursue the following objects.
- (a) To ameliorate the economic, physical and other service conditions of the staff members of the offices in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department belonging to Audit wings.
- (b) To unite members of the Indian Audit Fraternity under a common bond of fellowship and mutual co-operation.
- (c) To arrange for meetings, seminars on subjects of common interests, to promote self-confidence, to imbibe qualities of honesty and integrity in discharging their audit duties.
- (d) To safeguard the interests of its members and to strive to promote their official prosperity by ventilating their legitimate aspirations and genuine grievances through peaceful and constitutional methods to the Government and the concerned authorities and thus champion the cause of the members.
- (e) To associates or be associated with organizations having kindred objects and on subjects of common interests.
- (f) To do all things as are incidental and /or conducive to the attainment of objects or any one of them.
(A.K. DAS) (L.S. SUJITH KUMAR)
PRESIDENT SECRETARY GENERAL
NATIONAL AUDIT FEDERATION
(A Federation of Office Level Category II & III associates of All Audit Wings)
CONSTITUION AND BYELAWS
PREAMABLE: We, the Audit Employees of Indian Audit and Accounts Department working under the Comptroller & Auditor General of India, are inspired by high ideals of the great Indians and ancient Indian literature, history and culture. We are to secure to all it members the better service conditions, to safeguard their interests – collective as well as individual –to mitigate their legitimate grievances and bring their demands before the Government and concerned authorities through established methods/norms- democratic and constitutional by attracting the attention of the Government of India and concerned authorities, if necessary, by amendment of their service rules.
Article 1 – Name of the Organization.
The name of the Organization shall be National Audit Federation (N.A.F.) here in after called Federation. The Hindi nomenclature of the Federation shall be “Rastriya Lekha Pariksha”.
Article 2 – Area of Operation
The Federation shall represent all the Category II & III Audit Employees Associations belonging to group “B” (Sr. P. A/Asstt. Audit Officer/Supervisors/ Welfare Assistant /Sr. Auditors etc.) Group “C” and “MTS” under C & A.G. of India. The National Audit Federation shall be generally governed by the principles enunciated in the GOI, DOPT, OM No. 2/14/98- JCA dated 03.07.2002. No. 2/14/98 JCA dated 23.09.2002 and CAG’s Circular No. 426-NGE(JCM)/107-2001 dated 26.08.2002. The Federation would abide by the terms and conditions as prescribed in Central Civil Services (Recognition of Service Associations) Rules, 1993.
Article 3 – Meaning of National Audit Federation.
National Audit Federation is the Federation of Associations of Audit Employees for Civil Audit, P&T Audit, Defence Audit, Railway Audit, Commercial Audit, Local Fund Audit etc. situated at various stations working under the Comptroller and Auditors General of India.
Article 4 – Aims and objects of Federation.
- (a) To unite the members of the Indian Audit Department under a common bond of fellowship of mutual co-operation.
- (b) To arrange for meetings: and seminars on subjects of common interests, to promote self-confidence, to imbibe qualities of honesty and integrity in discharging their duties.
- (c) To safeguard the interests of its members and to strive to promote their official prosperity by ventilating their legitimate aspirations and genuine grievances through peaceful and constitutional methods to the Government and the concerned authorities and thus champion the cause of the members.
- (d) To promote the sense of dutifulness and discipline among its members.
- (e) To associate or be associated with organizations having kindred objects and on subjects of common interests.
- (f) To do all the things as are incidental and / or conducive to the attainment of objects or any one of them.
For fulfilling of aims and objectives mentioned in Article 4(a) to (h), the Federation will adopt all established peaceful Trade Union/Service Association methods- constitutional and democratic and approach the Government /C&AG of India – for solution of outstanding problems/common problems arising in future.
Article 6 – Nature and Organizational set up.
- (a) Basic structure of the Federation shall be democratic which is formed by units affiliated to it in terms of GOI, DOPT, OM No. 2/14/98- JCA dated 03.07.2002.
- (b) The Federation shall be unitary in spirit and federal in form.
Article 7 – Membership of the Federation.
- (a) Such of Audit Employees unions/ associations shall be eligible to be affiliated to the Federation on application stating the strength of their paid membership and expressing agreement to abide by the constitution and byelaws of federation and remit the contribution on quarterly basis at the rate of 20/- (rupees Twenty only) per member per year to the Secretary General as Head quarters quota. The General Body/conference shall constitute delegates from affiliated units on proportional representation based on its strength; each unit upto a membership of 75 shall nominate one delegate and one additional delegate each for every 75 or part thereof subject to maximum of five delegates.
- (b) Any Category II & III Association in the offices of the Accountants General and various Audit Offices under the Comptroller and Auditor General of India after taking pledge to be the member and after duly admitted by the Chief Executive of this Federation shall be eligible for membership of the Federation.
Article 8 – Suspension of Membership of the Federation
Membership shall be deemed to be suspended if the working of any unit is found detrimental or against the Federation or it defaults in remittances of contribution to Federation or does not follow the directions of the Federation without any sufficient reason. Membership of the member of the National Executive may be terminated if anti- Federation charges against him/her are proved by a resolution in the conference/ working committee and/ or if he/she fails to attend three consecutive executive meetings, including working committees.
Article 9 – Constitution of the National Executive of the Federation
- (a) The business of the federations shall be conducted by National Executive consisting of a total eight persons comprising of the President, Vice-President, Secretary General, Additional secretary General and three Assistant Secretary Generals & Treasurer from any category of Audit Offices, duly elected by the General Body of Federation . The National Executive Committee shall be elected biennially in the General Body/Conference by the delegates nominated by the respective units functioning in different audit offices and situated at various stations.
- (b) The working committee of the Federation shall be consists of members of national Executive including Sub-committee members, special invitees and President and General Secretary or authorized representatives from each affiliated unit which shall meet at least once in nine (9) months.
- (c) Constitution of General Body or Conference
The General Body or Conference of the Federation shall constitute of delegates as per Article – 7 to hold biennial election to National Executive, outline the future working and pass annual accounts of the Federation. The quorum shall be atleast 1/3rd of the total membership of the Conference/ working Committee/ national Executive Committee respectively of the Federation.
Article 10- Voting.
Voting shall be generally by secret ballot in General Body/ Conference , to be held every two years.
Article 11- Term of Office of the National Executive.
Terms of office of the National Executive shall be for two years. An office bearer has a fixed term not exceeding two years. If elections are not held within three months of expiry of the term, the office-bearer would cease to be duly elected representative of the Federation.
Article 12- Election of the National Executive
- (a) The National Executive consisting of eight persons viz. the President, Vice- President, Secretary General, Additional Secretary General, three Assistant Secretary Generals and Treasurer shall be elected by the General body described in Article 10. They will assume office on the day following the day or date of announcement of result of the election in the Conference /General Body held at a place fixed by the National Executive. The terms can further be extended by a majority vote in General Body/Conference.
- (b) Vacancies arising out of death, resignation or any other contingencies shall be filled up by co-option from among the eligible members by the National Executive, to be ratified in the next Working Committee. More than four vacancies will be filled in by the working committee meetings.
No person other than delegate representing the unit concerned shall be elected or appointed as a member of national Executive. The elected office- bearers shall normally continue upto next conference as office bearer. The federating units shall not withdraw their nominee(s) on National Executive upto the next elections in the Conference/General Body. No outsiders/retired employee shall be eligible to be a member of National Executive.
Article – 14- Returning Officer
Returning Officer shall be nominated by the National Executive for conducting biennial elections from amongst the delegates present in the biennial Conference/General body, other than the outgoing National Executive members.
Article -15 – Election Rules
Rules of Elections to the National Executive will be framed by the National executive and approved by the General Body/ Conference.
Article -16 – President and Vice President
- (a) The President of Federation shall preside over all the meetings. In his absence the Vice- President shall preside over.
- (b) The President shall lead all deputations and shall give evidence before the Comptroller and Auditor General of India OR any authorities and shall take a lead part in charging the legitimate aspirations of the members.
- (c) The President shall try to remove difference, if any, among members of National Executive. The Vice-President shall assist the President in coordinating the work between representatives of all audit wings and zones with the help of Addl. /Asstt. Secretary General. He can issue directions at the advice of National Executive in the interest of the Federation, to the federating units.
- (d) In case of defunct National Executive, the president may discharge his organizational duties on his own wisdom.
- (e) In the interest of Federation, he is empowered to summon the General Body, only when the Secretary General fails to do so.
Article -17 – Secretary General
- (1) The Secretary General shall be the Chief Executive and in charge of the Executive Administration of the Federation and convene meetings of the Committee as and when required.
- (2) The Secretary General shall make all correspondence and implement all decisions taken either by National Executive, working committee or by General Body/ Conference and on his own initiative take such decisions as may be necessary consistent with the constitution and byelaws of the Federation.
- (3) The Secretary General shall accompany the president in all deputations and meetings with C&A.G Government, Commissions or any other body.
- (4) With the help of Additional /Asstt. Secretary General, the Secretary General will maintain a Proceedings Book and keep a record of all proceedings of the meetings.
- (5) The Secretary General shall inform the units about latest correspondence which he had with the office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India and/ or Government, of India and /or any authorities informing the cases of the members.
- (6) The Secretary General shall represent the Federation in all Conferences and Gatherings.
- (7) The Secretary General shall represent the Federation in all legal matters and the can sue and be sued likewise.
Article 18- Additional Secretary General
- (a) Additional Secretary General shall help to maintain the minute book of the proceedings of the National Executive /Working Committee/General Body etc. He shall be head of the Sub- Committees of representatives from all audit wings and coordinate with the Vice-President also.
- (b) Additional Secretary General shall help the Secretary General and also work in the latter’s absence and maintain a record of correspondence. They shall also maintain proper coordination and interaction with affiliated units.
Article -19 – Assistant Secretary General
The three Assistant Secretary Generals shall be in charge of sub-committee of representatives from all the six zones i.e. North Zone, South Zone, East Zone, North- East Zone, West Zone and Central Zone. They will act in consultation coordination with the Vice –President and Secretary General and discharge his duties impartially. They shall report to the Secretary General cases of members of the Zone to be taken up at the level of C& A.G and Government and shall have right to get reply of their letters from the Secretary General. The Asstt. Secretary Generals shall regularly co-ordinate and cooperate with the affiliated units in respective zones on all organizational matters. They will also assist the Secretary General to maintain the Proceeding book/record of all meetings etc.
Article 20- Treasurer.
- (a) The Treasurer of the Federation shall be in charge of funds sent by Units as their quota and shall maintain the proper accounts of the Federation. The Treasurer shall normally be elected either from the home unit of the secretary General or the headquarters of the National Audit Federation.
- (b) The Treasurer shall discharge his duties with close co-operation and confidence of Secretary General.
- (c) Receipt in support of any sum received for the Federation may be issued by the Treasurer under his signature. He may take up correspondence with affiliated units in regard to remittance of funds/headquarters quota etc.
- (d) The Treasurer shall make payment only after obtaining necessary pay order from the Secretary General. Any sums required for payment shall be handed over to Secretary General by the Treasurer.
Article -21- Imprest
The Secretary General shall have an Imprest of Rs.5,000/- only. He may spend upto Rs.5,000/- only at his own in the interest of Federation. If sums required to be spent for more than Rs.5,000/- the Secretary General shall have advice of the member/members of the National Executive.
Article-22: Functions of the National Executive.
- (a) The National Executive shall function according to the decisions and directions of General Body/Conference/Working Committee of the Federation.
- (b) The National Executive shall be competent to decide all questions that may arise in the intervening period between two meetings of working committee.
- (c) The National Executive shall have powers to propose amendments to any part of the constitution for approval of General Body/Conference. Any amendment to the Constitution of the Federation shall be effective after due approval by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India. Any amendment would be done by the Federation after seeking prior approval of the Government.
- (d) The National Executive shall be responsible for the working and management of the Federation.
- (e) The National Executive shall ordinarily meet at least once in 3 months and decisions shall be carried out by a simple majority vote of its members, present. Each member shall have one vote, the President shall exercise his voting rights only in case of a tie, otherwise the President shall abstain from voting.
- (f) Quorum of any meeting of the National Executive shall be four members.
- (g) The Secretary General may convene special meeting of National Executive for discussion on any problem which he thinks necessary. He may invite persons other than members/Executive for discussion.
- (h) Requisitioned meeting may be sought for by four members of the Committee in writing clearly specifying the reasons for which meeting is sought for.
- (i) The General Body (Conference) shall be competent to appoint subcommittees to be manned by its members to perform certain specific duties of special nature relating to all audit wings and zones. The Secretary General shall be ex-officio convenor of such sub-committees and will be assisted by the Addl. / Asstt. Secretary Generals. The Zonal Secretaries, Branch Secretaries and the Departmental Council members shall be called to attend National Executive Meetings/Working committee meeting.
Article – 23: Audit Accounts of the Federation
The Accounts of the Federation shall be audited annually by an Auditor appointed by the Working Committee. Audited accounts shall be presented to the members of the National Executive. The Audited Accounts shall be placed before the Working Committee/General Body/Conference for its approval by the Secretary General & Treasurer.
Article – 24: Modus operandi of the fund of the Federation.
(a) Funds of Federation shall be deposited in Savings Bank Account of any cooperative/Scheduled Bank/Post Office in the Name of the Federation and shall be operated upon by the Secretary General and Treasurer jointly. Any collection by the field level Service Associations shall be through check off system. Any collection by the field level Service Associations shall be through check off system.
(b) The Accounts of the Federation shall be maintained on Financial Year basis ie. 1st April to 31st March.
(c) A budget will be placed before the National Executive prior to commencement of financial year. The committee will discuss and pass the Budget with amendments, if any.
Article – 25: Headquarters of the Federation.
The headquarters of the Federation shall be New Delhi/camp at Headquarters of the Secretary General.
Article – 26: Functions and Celebrations.
(a) The Federation will normally celebrate the following functions each year.
- Federation day ie. 7th May every Year.
- Republic Day
- Independence Day
- Gandhi Jayanthi
All these celebrations will be conducted in a very simple manner.
(b) The Federation may celebrate any other function if proposed by the National Executive and ratified by the General Body.
Article – 27 Respects and Homage
The Federation shall pay respects and homage to members of the Committee on retirement, death. It may be in the form of farewell/condolence meetings of the Federation specially convened for honouring them.
Article – 28: Miscellaneous
(a) The National Executive shall have powers to frame rules and byelaws for the working of Federation.
(b) The National Executive shall have powers to issue clarification/interpretation of any word, sentence and clause of the Constitution.
Article – 29 Amendments to Constitution
Any amendment to the constitution recommended by the National Executive or proposed by a unit shall be considered and approved by the General body by a majority vote NOT LESS THAN 2/3rd of the members present and voting, to be effective after approval by the C&AG of India. Any amendment would be done by the Federation after seeking prior approval of the C&AG of India
(A.K. DAS) (L.S. SUJITH KUMAR)
PRESIDENT SECRETARY GENERAL